The Department for Education published guidance for schools regarding Sports Premium funding including the following statement -
How to use the PE and sport premium
Schools must spend the funding to improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils, but they are free to choose the best way of using the money.
For example, you can use your funding to:
· hire specialist PE teachers
· hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
· provide existing staff with teaching resources to help them teach PE and sport
· support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs
· run sport competitions or increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
· run sports activities with other schools.